Saturday, January 28, 2012

Going Home

It's been a wonderful vacation, especially being in this warm California weather.  While Mommy was finishing packing up our suit cases, Cousin Nancy showed me how to watch Sesame Street videos on the computer.  I've watched Minnie Mouse and Pluto videos before, but this was the first time I watched Sesame Street videos.  They were great fun to watch!


Grandpa drove us from Cousin Nancy's to the LAX Airport before heading back to Phoenix.  I was worried that my special Minnie Mouse balloon wouldn't make it through security.  But look!  She made it through just fine!


Since there was hardly any traffic on the way to the airport, we had lots of time waiting for our plane.  We stopped by Starbuck's to get a hot chocolate and chocolate muffin.  But they didn't have any chocolate muffins!  Mommy said I could have a brownie, even though we hadn't had lunch yet.  But don't tell Daddy!





Mommy asked where I wanted to sit while I ate, I went right over to the window where I could watch planes take off and land. She said Daddy would've loved to be with me.

We flew all the way to Chicago (where Mommy was born) from LA.  I had lots of fun running on the moving walkways, going super-duper fast!  Mommy decided to stay in the middle and kept and eye on me as I went back and forth on the walkways since she couldn't keep up with me. 

Unfortunately, we had lots of delays in Chicago.  First our flight crew was late.  Then the plane had a mechanical issue.  By the time we arrived in Ohio, it was well after 10:00 p.m.  It didn't help matters when Mommy couldn't find her car keys and had to search through all our luggage.  (Fortunately, she did find them before Daddy left home to bring us the spare set of keys.)

I fell asleep on the drive home and was so tuckered out that even though I'd been super excited to see Daddy again, I didn't wake up at all when we arrived home.  He carried me all the way upstairs and put me in bed without me waking up.