Monday, January 23, 2012

Piper the Explorer

Guess what!?  Auntie Betty and Uncle Herald wake up as early as I do.  So Mommy was thrilled that I didn't come in to wake her up so early.  Instead, I played with Auntie Betty.  And do you know what she did?  She made me pancakes AND bacon.  (Since Mommy's not a meat eater, I usually don't get bacon at home.)  Hooray!

Here I am with the singing bunny that kept me company last night.


Here I am with Auntie Betty and Mommy.  We were having a great morning.



Across the street from Auntie Betty and Uncle Herald's home is a lake with lots of ducks.  So we went over with some bread.  That's a surefire way to get the ducks to stop by and visit.  I threw as far as I could.


After all the bread was gone we went for a walk around the neighborhood.  Uncle Herald is really tall.  He lifted me up on to a tree branch, but he was still taller than me!


When we got back to their house, we went in the back yard to pick some lemons and grapefruit.  I learned how to use a fruit picker all by myself, but it was pretty tricky.


Before we left I wanted to play some music for Bunny since she had sung to me so much.  Maybe I have a future playing the clarinet.  I heard Auntie Jennifer played the clarinet, too.



All too soon, it was time to leave.  Mommy was really sad.  I hope we get to visit Uncle Herald and Auntie Betty next time we're in Phoenix!