Friday, January 20, 2012

Visiting the Phoenix Zoo with Mommy and "Auntie" Nicole

Today Mommy and I picked up "Auntie" Nicole and we all went to the Olive Garden for lunch.  I did a good job eating my food since Mommy said we were heading to the Phoenix Zoo afterwards.  And guess what?!  One of the first exhibits was for the giraffes!  I was so excited that I ran as fast as I could to get a better look!




There was a tall tower so we could get a closer look at the giraffes.  It had wiggly steps and stairs.  I think I had as much fun playing on the tower as I did looking at the giraffes!



Doesn't this cactus look spooky?


Mommy and I took turns looking through the telescope to get a better look at the desert bighorn sheep.


At first glance from 20 feet away, this statue looked pretty real.  Since someone else had been "riding" the antelope when I first saw it, I had to take a ride, too!


At the Columbus Zoo in Ohio they had pony rides.  But at the Phoenix Zoo they had camel rides!  Not every zoo offers this, you know.  Auntie Nicole treated me to a ride on the camel.  It was super exciting!


There were play areas throughout the zoo that were just as much fun as looking at the animals!  I was so worried that I'd get poked by a needle on the saguaro slide.  (Zoom in to see my expression better.)  But after the first trip down, I finally believed Mommy when she said this was a pretend cactus and I wouldn't get poked by it.

After going down the slide a few more times, I climbed up the big spider web like a monkey.  What a great day, even though I lost my purple jacket that Grandma had given me for Christmas.  I am so glad Auntie Nicole suggested we all go to the zoo!