Friday, January 27, 2012

Have Daddy Fly Out Here!

After the beach Mommy and I were cleaning up to go out to dinner at one of Grandpa's favorite restaurants, when I told Mommy I didn't want to go back to Ohio.  She asked me if I missed Daddy.  "Of course I miss Daddy!" I'd replied.  "Just have Daddy fly out here instead of us flying back to Ohio."

I don't understand why we should leave 80 degree weather in January to go back to the freezing cold in Ohio.  Mommy commented that sometimes children are incredibly smart.

We went to Brent's Deli in Northridge.  The portions are super huge there, one reason why Grandpa loves that restaurant.  The second reason is Brent's has many traditional Jewish dishes like his mommy (my great-grandma Rose) made.  He and Cousin Nancy split the brisket dinner (which came with chopped liver, matzo ball soup, potato pancakes and other traditional fare) and still had leftovers to take back home!

Mommy's sad that she didn't take pictures of the dessert refrigerator.  There was a chocolate cake in it that was at least a foot high!  I know sometimes people are prone to exaggerate, but this chocolate cake was so big we had to show Grandpa and Cousin Nancy.  They'd never seen a cake that tall either.  Too bad we were so full from dinner to get any cake and we're leaving in the morning!