Monday, January 2, 2012

It's finally SNOWING!

Last year we got a TON of snow in December and were able to go sledding a lot!  But this year it had only snowed twice, and not enough to accumulate, until last night.  This morning we woke up and it was still snowing and everything was covered in it!

Daddy went out into the garage to do something, and when he did I was still in my pajamas.  I really surprised him when just a few minutes later I jumped into the garage fully dressed with my big winter jacket, boots and mittens on, and loudly announced, "Daddy, I'm ready to SHOVEL!"  I was so excited to help shovel, especially since he had bought me my own Piper-sized shovel a few weeks ago.  He hadn't even planned on shoveling, but I was so eager to help that he took advantage of the opportunity!

I got right to it, and did a great job going down the driveway.  At some point I realized that I could make a snowball, and guess who my target was?  I got him good!


I made a few more snowballs and then kept shoveling.  I wanted Daddy to look at the big pile of snow I was collecting, and let him know that I was piling it there so I could make a snowman.  He thought that in the grass would be a better spot than right behind the car, and I thought that made good sense too, so we moved it.


I was very proud of my work.  Look at all the shoveling I did all by myself!  (And notice how much snow has already fallen since I started.)


We didn't have enough snow to make a really big snowman, so we made a little baby one instead.  Later, I even gave it a carrot for a nose!


Too bad it really wasn't enough snow to go sledding, but maybe soon!