Thursday, April 16, 2009

We're in Hawaii!

What a long flight!

We headed to the OKC airport this morning at 9:30 AM, and didn’t arrive in Honolulu until 12:45 AM, Oklahoma time. With 3 different planes and 4 airports, it made for a very long day. But I really was a little angel on the flights. From OKC to Dallas, I sat on Daddy’s lap and looked out the window most of the time. I know the word “cloud” really well, and said it a lot.




When we got to Dallas with a couple hour layover Mommy and Daddy decided to walk from terminal A9 all the way to C35. It was a long way, especially at Piper speed! (Though sometimes I did try to go fast, see the video at the bottom of this post). But they had the right idea by getting me all tired out. On the flight from Dallas to Los Angeles, Mommy and Daddy were in an aisle and a middle seat, so I sat mostly on Daddy’s lap and played and read. I did take a good hour long nap on his shoulder (all that walking did me in), which they thought was great. Until, of course, Daddy realized his lap was getting really warm. Oops, sorry Daddy, I guess the diaper shifted! So they woke me up and cleaned me (and Daddy) up. On the way Mommy realized there were a lot of other empty seats on the flight, so she took one of them and I stayed with Daddy (but got my own seat)!



The flight to Honolulu was really long, around 5 and a half hours. But we really lucked out, because nobody sat next to us, so we had the whole row of 3 seats. Which means I got one all to myself, next to the window. Of course there isn’t much to see between LA and Hawaii, but I still pointed out the clouds and water many, many times. I read, drew, ate snacks, and just made myself comfortable in my little corner. Finally the last hour or so I took a nap – I was really tired, since it was almost midnight our time! Here I am making a silly face. Notice I've got my milk, crackers, and am comfortable sitting on the armrest next to the window.






We got out of the plane and made our way to baggage claim, where we met up with Daddy’s friend Chad. He and Daddy were happy to see each other, and Chad had nice flower leis for each of us. I was really tired, but still managed to get out a few smiles. But once we got to Uncle Chad’s house, I woke right up. Why? They have a 5-year old daughter, Alex! She’s a big girl and I was very excited to play with her, which I did for a while before it really was bedtime for me.



What a day! Here's me trying to help in Dallas by pushing my stroller along (with my diaper bag in it). Look at how fast I am!