Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Playing at the beach!

Every day we've gone to the beach I've gotten a little bit braver. A few days ago I wouldn't even walk in the sand, then I didn't want my bare feet to touch the sand. But I'm getting better!

Maybe it's because today Mommy and Daddy broke out some toys for me to play with on the beach!



I had no trouble walking to the beach and onto the sand. Daddy quickly made a mini sand castle, and I just as quickly set out to destroy it. I did this a lot! Notice how I still don't want to sit down in the sand.



After a little while of this, Daddy took me out into the water. He wanted to get me closer to the waves. Now remember, I know the word "wave" and I was pointing them all out to Daddy.



I was a good spotter, and would yell "wave!" and point as soon as I saw one coming in. Then I would hug Daddy, as if bracing for impact. When the wave would pass us and splash us, I would start giggling! I wasn't really afraid, but before every wave came in I'd give Daddy a big hug. And then I'd giggle again once it passed. A couple times I did get saltwater in my mouth, which was pretty yucky, but I was okay.
See me giggling?


We did this for a good long while, and then I came back in to play on the beach with Mommy. Mommy made a lot of sand castles, and of course I did my best to smash them all down. It was great! And if you'll notice, I'm now sitting right down in the sand, no problem!



What a great time. I sure did have a lot of sand in a bunch of places, though!