Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pililaau Army Recreation Center

Yesterday after the Sea Life Park we said goodbye to Chad, Sandi, and Alex for the day and headed up to the Pililau Army Recreation Center on the leeward (West) shore of Oahu. They have cottages there and it is right on the beach. Our front door is about 100 feet from the water! We are going to be here through Friday morning, and Mommy and Daddy hope it will be a very relaxing time. So far they’ve been right! Let me tell you about how today went.

First, I slept in until almost 7 AM. This doesn’t sound too wonderful, but I have been waking up at about 6:15, so Mommy and Daddy were very happy. A few hours later, Chad and Sandi came to visit, to see what this place was like, and to have breakfast at the buffet here. You’d think it’d been years since I saw Uncle Chad and not just 16 hours – when I saw him walking up, I took off and ran right over to him!



After breakfast, we went for a walk along the beach. I was pretty concerned about the sand and the water, but eventually I got brave and walked a little in the sand, with bare feet even!



But I wasn’t too interested in the wet sand! See here I do the “splits” when Daddy tried to set me down.



I did get brave and touched the water a few times though.



Chad was very busy while we were playing in the water. Doing what, you ask? Spelling out his nickname for Daddy in the sand! In case you can’t quite read it, it says “SLACKER”. Fortunately it was washed away within the next few hours!



Uncle Chad and Aunt Sandi had to leave, but we were glad they came up. We’ll see them again very soon. More about our relaxing day next!