Saturday, April 18, 2009

Turtle Bay

After feeding the fish, we headed on up to the North Shore of Oahu to a place called Turtle Bay. This is where a bunch of turtles hang out and sometimes come ashore! We were hoping they would come ashore while we were there.

Here is a rare picture of all three of us – Mommy, Daddy and me – on the beach!



There were several turtles just off shore in the ocean, so Daddy and I waded out to see them a little better. I thought this was pretty fun, but I really started laughing when a big wave came and got Daddy’s pants all wet!



Right as we were about to leave, one of the turtles, a 300 pound female, decided to come ashore! It took a LONG time. Turtles don’t move very fast on land, so it was a long crawl up the beach. But it was really neat to see.



I have really taken a liking to Uncle Chad. Daddy says it’s because Chad has more “padding” and is more comfy. Uncle Chad doesn’t think this is very funny. But Daddy isn’t complaining too much because that gives him a break from carrying me around! Uncle Chad is trying to teach me to be more Hawaiian. Here I am making the “shaka” sign. Hang Loose!