Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dole Plantation

Today we headed up to the Dole Pineapple Plantation in Wahaiwa. We didn't really know what to expect, although Daddy was excited about the big maze they've got there, the world's largest! So we did that first.

Here I am scouting out the right way to go.



There was a clear area in the middle, so I had to help Daddy by pointing the way. Notice my hands are full of rocks. I was very interested in all the rocks on the ground!



There were 8 "stations" you had to find to complete the maze. At each one was a stencil that you used to mark your card. Daddy showed me how to use the stencils!



We had a lot of fun making our way through the maze. It only took us 1:24 (an hour and 24 minutes)! Of course, that was with me walking much of the way.

When we got done, we went to see what else they had to offer. I got to pose as a pineapple!



They had a big pond with a lot of koi!



The last thing we did was to go on a train ride through the plantation. Once I realized we were on a "choo-choo", I had to let everyone else on the train know this too, over and over again! "Choo-choo!"



I was pretty worn out from all the walking around earlier, and actually fell asleep in Daddy's arms near the end of the train ride, and he got me back in the car without waking me up!