Friday, April 24, 2009

Polynesian Cultural Center

On the other side of the island from Honolulu is a place called the Polynesian Cultural Center. It's a place where you get to learn about the difference cultures from many of the islands of the Pacific. Mommy and Daddy went last time they were here, and knew I'd love it. So we headed on up, and they were right! There were a lot of shows, and dancing, and noisy drums, so lots to keep me interested.

At one of the islands, we got to make fish out of palm fronds. Well, Mommy and Daddy got to make them, but I still got to play with them!



Pretty neat!



They had a big parade on the water where people from each island would put on their own show. The brightly colored costumes and noises kept me interested.



In one of the huts we got to bang bamboo poles along with the rhythm of a song. Daddy got this pole for himself, but once I saw that we were going to be banging them on the floor, I had to have it for myself! I may not have had quite the right rhythm, but I certainly was giving it all I've got. It was fun!