Thursday, April 2, 2009

Potty training has started!

Big news – I used my potty chair for the first time!

Mommy and Daddy were getting ready to give me a bath tonight, so I was in the bathroom running around in just my diaper. I kept saying “poo-poo” (which is not that unusual), but Mommy decided now was as good a time as any to introduce me to the dreaded “potty training”! So she got out my little potty seat and put it on the floor next to me. Unlike some kids, I wasn’t scared at all! No, I thought the seat looked like great fun. I figured it out right away, flipped open the lid and sat down. Then I stood up and closed the lid. Then I opened the lid and sat down. Then back up. And down. And repeat. Probably about 20 times, saying “poo-poo” each time I sat down. Mommy or Daddy would then tell me that yes, I could go poo-poo if I needed to, that’s what it was for.

Well, after quite a while of this, I stood up, turned around, pointed into the seat and proudly announced “POO-POO”! And yes, there it was! Mommy and Daddy were very surprised but oh so proud of me, and let me know what a big girl I was to being using the potty the first time. So we carried it over to the real toilet and I got to flush it away. I thought this was pretty much fun too.

But what did I do next? I sat back down on the now-reassembled potty seat and went “pee-pee”, announcing that one too!

What a day, huh? Mommy and Daddy are so proud of me for not being scared of the potty and going with no problem at all. The light at the end of the diaper tunnel is in sight. Pretty exciting!