Tuesday, April 21, 2009

West end of Farrington Hwy

After they left we played for a few minutes and then Daddy laid down on the bed and asked if I could come give him a big hug. Well I did, and didn’t move again for about 2 hours! I fell asleep on his chest like I used to do all the time when I was little. This was especially nice since I haven’t been napping much since we got here, what with my routine being way off from what I’m used to. So a good long nap was definitely in order. Of course, this meant Daddy got in a good nap as well, so he didn’t mind. Mommy laid down next to us and read. Like I said, today was a pretty relaxing day!

When I woke up, we all headed out to the very far west end of the road that runs almost all the way around Oahu. You see, there’s a point at which it’s no longer paved, and it’s really rough past that point. So we stopped at the end of the pavement and got out. It wasn’t really much different than anywhere else on the island, but we walked around a little looking for more tidal pools, which we found a few of. I also have learned the word “wave”. Mommy and Daddy thought it was pretty funny, since I would point at the wave, say “wave”, and then start “waving” at the waves!



I just included this picture since Daddy thought I looked pretty cute.



After a little while there, we headed back to the cottage and played some more in the sand. I am starting to get much braver, and even walked in the sand almost all the way down to the water’s edge, before stopping and asking for help!



But I couldn’t quite make it all the way into the water. Mommy helped me out this time and picked me up. This means her pants got wet instead of Daddy’s, so he was happy taking pictures!



Of course, all this walking in the sand means one thing – sand in the shoes! I have found out that I really don’t like this part of playing on the beach, and refused to walk until Daddy had cleaned most of the sand off!

It was a great day!