Thursday, April 23, 2009

Heading back to Honolulu and the Honolulu Zoo

This morning we checked out of the Pililau Army Recreation Center and headed back to Honolulu. We had originally planned to stay another night, but have I mentioned the rooster (or roosters)? You see, the recreation center is in a very "local" area, and is right across a chain-link fence from the surrounding community. One of the local families raises chickens, and a very loud rooster who talked all day long. I did get to learn how to make a rooster sound though!

So between this and several other reasons, we checked out early and headed back to Honolulu. The first thing we did was to go to the Honolulu Zoo! I got to see a lot of animals and got to run all over the place.

They had tortoises, which I got to see really up close.



And really tall giraffes! (Grandma Roslewski's favorite.)



They even had a komodo dragon!



It was a great time, but I noticed that most of the pictures were of the back of my head! I guess that means I was really interested in all the animals, right?