Monday, April 26, 2010

Myriad Gardens

In downtown Oklahoma City there is a very nice botanical gardens called the "Myriad Gardens". Every year they put on an art festival. We went two years ago, but missed last year (due to being in Hawaii). It's a really pretty area with lots of trees and flowers and grass. So this year Daddy and I headed on up.

We first had a snack by the pond. There are a lot of koi and turtles in the pond. I may have even seen a shark!


Where we ate our snakc was at the bottom of a big hill, the hill that Daddy rolled down two years ago. Well, lots of kids were rolling down it this year too. I didn't want to do it at first, but after a few minutes of seeing them all do it, I decided to give it a try. It took some practice, but I was having so much fun I kept going up and down the hill, over and over again!


He even got some videos of me. This is one of my first attempts. I got a lot faster with practice (and learning to tuck my arms in).


Daddy decided I needed to take a break and we went to explore the rest of the gardens. Here I show that I've got some of my Grandma Roslewski in me!


We sat right next to the edge of the water for a while and watched the fish and turtles. I let Daddy know I was a bit annoyed at him for always holding on to me, but he told me he had to. So he mostly hooked a finger onto one of my beltloops to keep me from standing up (and falling in!) That's why these next two pictures are so close.

I caught Daddy taking pictures of me, and like I have started to do, immediately reached for the camera, saying "I want to see the picture!" He thought I looked pretty cute and so got a picture.


Then he tried to get me to pose almost as cute and got another picture.


We walked around for a bit longer, looking at some of the art exhibits, but really I wanted to go back to the big hill. So we made our way over there, and I went down a few more times. There were a brother and sister there that went rolled down holding their hands together over their heads. I thought this looked pretty fun, and turned to Daddy and said "Daddy, will you hold my hands please?" He told me he'd "love to", and I could tell it really melted his heart! We tried it but it didn't work very well with the two of us, so we only rolled a few feet. I tried to go down the hil some more by myself, but I was really getting tired so we headed on back. Apparently, though, I wasn't too tired to insist that I carry Daddy's backpack (with the camera, juice boxes, and other stuff) up the hill for him. He didn't mind a bit!


I fell right asleep on the way home, but much to Daddy's dismay, woke up when he got me out of the car. No nap for Daddy!