Saturday, April 26, 2008

What a beautiful day!

Today we went into downtown Oklahoma City where they were having an art festival at the botanical gardens. What a great day, sunny and nice without much wind. I got to look at thousands of people (and believe, there were a lot of interesting people to look at!) The botanical gardens were nice too, lots of grass and flowers and trees. Mommy and Daddy were acting really goofy toward each other the whole time, I finally figured out that their first date was at a botanical garden, so they were truly in fine form today, smooching and all kinds of other silliness.


We stopped for lunch (for me anyway!) on the side of a big grass hill. Here's Daddy and me on the hill.





There were lots of new things that needed to be tasted, like the grass we were sitting on! However, Mommy and Daddy didn't think it was as great an idea as I did and kept taking the grass out of my hands (and mouth). :(





There were lots of older kids (older to me that is, meaning anywhere from 2 on up) rolling down the hill on their sides. Well, we all know what a child Daddy is, so he of course had to try it out too. It was so fun, he went a second time! He sure looked silly, especially when he could barely stand up straight at the end. Mommy and I were much more reasonable and just played at the top of the hill.





We really had a wonderful day. It was great to get out of the house and do something together!