Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stennis Space Center

Since it was pretty cloudy today we decided to not go to the beach again.  Instead, we headed to the Stennis Space Center, where they test rocket engines!  When I heard that we were going to ride on a shuttle bus, I got very excited and kept saying "shuttle bus" over and over.  Mommy and Daddy weren't quite sure why I was so excited, but I sure was!

On the bus there was a boy about my age sitting behind me.  We had a lot of fun talking over the seat back.  Notice the rocket test stand in the background that we are ignoring. 


The bus took us to the visitor's center, where they had a lot of displays outside, like this Solid Rocket Booster from the Space Shuttle!


Of course I ran right over to the NASA Learjet, and tried to turn the nosewheel.  Daddy helped me, and it turned!


Daddy and I just had to stare into the end of this rocket engine.


Mommy helped me up to get a beter look at this one.


"Please do not stand on exhibit."  Daddy got a picture of me before Mommy could tell me not to.  They were amazed at how flexible I am.


Inside the visitor's center they had a Space Shuttle flight simulator, so of course we had to head in there.  I got to fly!  Daddy helped point out the runway.


Then Daddy showed me how it was done.  He got the best score of the day!


They had an "International Space Station" display too.  Mommy and I got to use some rubber gloves to work on a "science experiment" with blocks.


Maybe someday I'll be an astronaut!