Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ardmore for lunch, a "first" in the plane

Today Daddy and I flew down to Ardmore to get some lunch at the "Blue Pig BBQ".  We were going to meet some friends there, but they had to cancel.  I was pretty excited about flying, so we went anyway.

But before all that, there was some serious tower construction to do!  I stacked these blocks while Daddy was in the other room.  He was very impressed with the tower on the left.  It must have taken me some time to get them all lined up just right.


Soon we headed to the airport.  The flight down went fine, except for one tiny thing as we were coming in to land - I threw up!  I've never done that before, and Daddy has been surprised at my "iron stomach" as I sleep through all kinds of turbulence.  But not today, sorry Daddy!  I ate a LOT at lunch, though, I sure was hungry.  And it made Daddy really happy that when we were done, I hopped right back in the airplane, not scared one bit!

We had planned to then go to the Myriad Gardens (botanical gardens) for their annual art show, but I really needed a bath, of course, so we headed home.  It turned out to be cold and windy anyway, so we didn't go.  Maybe tomorrow.

That night I insisted that my baby needed diapers.  So I practiced putting them on and taking them off over and over again.  I did it all by myself!