Friday, April 2, 2010

To the beach!

Since Oklahoma isn't known for its beaches, I was excited to go to the "sand and beach" as I was calling it.  There's lots of that on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi.  This morning Mommy got a ride in to work with a coworker, and I slept in really late, until about 8.  So Daddy got a little extra sleep too!  It took a long time to get ready, so we didn't really get to do much before picking Mommy up for lunch at about 11.  We headed to a restaurant right on the beach, and after eating, that's where we went!  I headed right out.


Didn't quite make it into the water though!  That's okay, I wasn't dressed for it yet.  We had brought a loaf of bread and used it to feed the birds.  They were very happy and easily caught the bread in mid-air.  Since there was a nice breeze, the birds could easily "hover" over us and keep snacking.


We were only there for a little while because Mommy had to go back to work.  So we dropped her off and headed back to the beach!  This time I changed into my new swimsuit, because I told Daddy I was going to go in the water.  I'm ready for action!


I walked right down the beach, and up to where the water just touched my toes.  BRRR!  It was cold!  So I told Daddy I needed him to hold me as he stood in the water.  That was enough, I went in the ocean!  He told me that if we come back again in the summer it will be warmer.  I took a liking to this fact, and kept repeating it throughout the day - "in the summer it will be warmer in the ocean!"

Daddy noticed a playground just down the road, so we headed there.  They had some fun equipment, but I especially liked this fire truck.  There was another girl just a little older than me in it, and we got along great, talking and playing.


After all this excitemeant, I was pretty tired, and I fell asleep in the car soon after we left.  So Daddy headed back to our room, and I got to sleep on his chest for a while.  Mommy got a ride back from work and we all went out to eat and did some shopping.  It was a fun day, but the best thing is that tomorrow, Mommy doesn't have to go to work so we can play all day!