Sunday, April 4, 2010

Park, birds, and beach

After a nice long nap this afternoon, we decided to go out and play some more.  We headed to the beach and brought bread to feed the seagulls.  But first we stopped at the playground that Daddy and I went to on Friday, since it's right across the street from the beach.  I got to show Mommy how strong I've become.  Daddy's right there, but he isn't even touching me as I slid up and down the rail.


I met this other girl about my age and we had a great time hiding from Daddy (and her Daddy too).  Here we're both slapping the window trying to match Daddy's hands.  We kept this up for quite a while, and were both giggling the whole time!


I thought for certain Daddy couldn't get me up here (and told him so), but sure enough he climbed up the side, reached through and started tickling me!


We headed from the playground, across the street to the beach to feed the seagulls.  There sure were a lot of them, and they liked us!


After just a minute or two of this, I realized that I'd rather eat the bread in my hand than feed it to the birds, so I did and let Mommy have all the fun while I went over to the edge of the water.  Remember on Friday I just barely got my toes wet, so I took it slow this time too. 


To Daddy and Mommy's surprise, after getting my feet wet, I took off with big strides out into the water!  We weren't planning to go in the water at all, so I wasn't wearing my swimsuit, but Daddy got me back and rolled up my pant legs.  And off I went!  No fear this time, I was having a ball!


When I was just about done playing in the water, I started doing something that really made Mommy and Daddy laugh.  I started picking up fistfuls of sand in the water, bringing them onto the shore, and throwing them down on the ground.  I did this over and over again.  I said the sand wanted to be out of the water!


Obviously we had a great day, and it was nice to spend the whole weekend playing with Mommy and Daddy.