Monday, April 5, 2010

Bye-bye Mommy, back to OK

This morning was a sad morning, because we had to leave Mommy and head back to Oklahoma.  Daddy and I really had a lot of fun with her the past few days and hated to leave.  But we headed down to the airport before Mommy had to be at work and got ready to go. 

When Mommy stood me on the wing so I could get in the plane, I looked at her and said something really really touching - I told her she needed to get in the plane too, and held her hand to help her up.  I really wanted Mommy to come home with us! 


Mommy reminded me that she was going to be staying here in Mississippi, that she wasn't coming home with us yet, and I gave her a big hug.  We'll miss you Mommy!


The flight back was pretty uneventful, at least as far as I was concerned, with one big exception - I had to go potty with over an hour left until Shreveport, our lunch stop!  Of course, Daddy can't just pull over like in a car, so he reminded me that I was wearing pull-ups instead of big girl panties for just that reason.  But I held it in anyway!

I did spend a lot of time playing with this thing Daddy handed me.  I'm not sure what it does, but it has some wires and plugs and occupied my attention for far longer than any of the toys he brought along!


We stopped for lunch in Shreveport, and I got to meet some very nice ladies at the airport cafe.  I say they were really nice because they gave me a cookie!  Which I managed to get all over me (including in my hair) as we walked around the airport stretching our legs.  I was a mess!  But it sure was a good cookie.


The rest of the flight went just fine and I got a little nap in near the end too.  It was a great trip, and I hope we get to do it again to see Mommy!