Friday, March 19, 2010

Some cute things this week

Daddy thinks I did some really cute and funny things this week.  I like to have fun with Daddy!

On Tuesday I learned another state, Illinois, "where Mommy was born", and I sometimes remember Colorado, "where Daddy went to school".  That's 16 states now!

On Wednesday I came up with my own song!  Along the lines of my "8 silly monkeys jumping on the bed" type of books.  We were sitting on the porch swing and I saw 2 birdies sitting on our neighbor's roof.  Then one flew away!  So I made up a song:

"There were lots on the tree and one flew away,
There were lots on the tree and one flew away,
There were lots on the tree and one flew away,
(looking down at my fingers now and holding up 3)
There were three on the tree and one flew away,
There were two on the tree and one flew away,
There was one on the tree and he flew away,
There was nothing on the tree..."

That's as far as I have come up with.  Daddy hopes to get a recording of it real soon!

A couple of times this week I have asked Daddy to "button the top button" of his dress shirts.  When he asks "Why?" I quickly respond "so you'll look like a dork!"

Tonight it was raining really hard before bedtime, so Daddy and I went outside to watch.  There was a bright flash of lightning, loud thunder, so what did I do?  I cheered and clapped just like Daddy had taught me last spring!  Much better than being scared.

After we went back in, Daddy asked me if I wanted some cough medicine before bedtime to help me sleep.  I hadn't coughed in a while, but all of a sudden I felt a need to show that I was still coughing.  So I said "yes", then let out two of the most fake-sounding coughs ever!  Daddy wasn't fooled and I started giggling when he let me know he wasn't!