Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bye-bye Mommy

Today we had to go to the airport to send Mommy on her way to Mister-sippi.  Daddy and I were able to get special passes so that we could go through security and spend more time with her!  After we got through security, we had to put our shoes back on.  I decided I'd rather try to put my mitten on my foot.  Hey, it fit!


We then found out that Mommy's flight was delayed an hour and a half.  So we had a lot of time to spend together walking around the airport.  I did get to look out the window and see a lot of planes!


At our gate was a very nice and friendly dog who was going to go flying too.  He's a service/assistance dog and was really a sweetheart.  He gave Mommy and me both some big doggy kisses, which made us feel much better!


I showed what a big help I was by pushing Mommy's suitcase around.  I'm getting pretty strong!


I handled saying goodbye to Mommy much differently than in the past.  The last time she went away, I was super sad and gave her lots of hugs.  This time, I was sad too, but I handled it by being very very quiet and even unresponsive to Mommy and Daddy's questions.  I didn't even want to give Mommy hugs at all for a while.  It's like I didn't want to accept that she was leaving again.

Finally, before Mommy had to board, she hugged me close and I hugged back.  Daddy wanted to get a picture, but I kept turning away from the side he was on.  So he'd go to the other side, and I'd turn back.  We went back and forth a few times until I thought it was really funny and started laughing!  It felt good to laugh.  And of course Daddy got a picture right then!



We were very sad as we watched Mommy walk down the jetway.  Daddy carried me most of the way back through the terminal and we gave each other big hugs.  We hope we can go see Mommy really soon!