Monday, March 1, 2010

Giving Mommy my "friends"

As Mommy was packing tonight for her trip, Daddy called me away saying he needed my help.  We went into my room, and he said that when Mommy goes to Mississippi, it would be really nice if I gave her one of my stuffed animal friends to take with her, to keep her company and remind her of home.  I thought this sounded like a great idea.  He of course suggested I pick a small one, but I decided on two small ones - my Froggie and Hippo!  The plan was to sneak them into one of Mommy's suitcases when she wasn't looking.  But when we got to the only bag in the other room, it was SO full that Daddy told me he'd sneak it in another one later.  He told me not to tell Mommy, because it was a secret, and I told him I understood.  So we went out into the hallway (me still holding my Froggie and Hippo) and we saw Mommy.  Of course, what's the first thing I said to Mommy?  I held out my friends and said,

"Mommy, here you can have Froggy and Hippo for you go to Mister-sippi!"

Needless to say, Mommy was very very touched by this and gave me some really big hugs.  She thought it was one of the nicest things I've ever said or done.  Daddy, of course, wasn't exactly surprised that I spilled the beans - I think he may have even expected it!

Mommy then told me how she always loved taking her friend "Pookie" with her when she went on trips in the past.  Well, guess what, I've got Pookie now, so I decided it would be even better if Mommy would take Pookie with her instead!


(Do you see how I'm holding my Froggie?  I've been holding my friends like this a lot recently, holding them like they're my babies!)