Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daddy and I went to "Area 51"

We went to the infamous top-secret "Area 51" today, and I can prove it.  Here's the gate!


"Area 51" is actually a restaurant on the airport in Sherman/Denison, TX.  Daddy and some friends decided they'd like to try it out as it's only been open a few months.  So we flew on down and met them there.  I was a great girl on the way down, just quietly munching on the Chex Daddy brought.  I did start to cry at one point though.  Daddy finally figured out that I thought he said "eat the cloud" instead of "see the cloud", and I started bawling, saying "I don't WANT to eat the cloud" over and over again until he figured it out!  Clouds are big Daddy, I can't eat a whole one!  Once he told me that no, I didn't have to eat the cloud, I calmed right down and was great the rest of the flight.

"Area 51" turned out to be an aviation-themed restaurant.  It was a small place, and they were still trying to decorate it, but had some neat stuff up.  Like a big cockpit photo!


And some model airplanes hanging on the wall.  I kept telling Daddy I wanted to go in this one.  He let me touch it with one finger.


They had a pinball game I could play for free (and did, although not too well).


We weren't sure what the story was with the motorcycle in the corner next to a DJ table, but when I saw it I took off running and climbed right up before Daddy could stop me.  Of course, before pulling me off of it, he took a moment to get some pictures of me making motorcycle sounds.  I did tell him he could sit on the seat behind me!


I had some chicken nuggets and ate them all.  I sure was having fun there!


When we left we headed up the road to a small museum they have.  The airport was a WWII training base, so they had a few display items that were neat.  I ran most of the way to the museum, which Daddy later measured was 4/10 of a mile down the road.  I had a lot of energy!  Of course I stopped every so often to pick flowers.

Daddy, this looks like a perfect "first jet" for me!


"Daddy, can I stick my face into a jet engine?"  "Only if you don't tell your mother."


When we were done, we headed back down the road to the planes.  As Daddy expected, I didn't want to run back!  "Daddy, can I have uppa please?"  So he carried me most of the way back.  His plan was working though, I was pretty worn out.  Look what happened just five minutes into the flight back!


And that's how I stayed, for about an hour, until right before landing, when I woke up, started fussing, then instantly got distracted when I noticed planes parked on the ground.  Daddy said I was a really great girl all day and he had a lot of fun with me!