Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow play again!

The last time I got to play in the snow was on Christmas day, and it being my first time, I didn't really know what to do.  But with all the snow yesterday, I was excited to go out today!

Daddy started off by shoveling the driveway as Mommy and I got ready.  It took a long time because I had a little "accident".  Oops!  By the time we got outside, Daddy had already finished the driveway and the walkway to the door!  But now I was ready to play!


This time, I only hesitated a little before venturing off into the frozen tundra.


Mommy came out to play too!


Before they could mention it, I told Daddy he should "get the sled from the attic"!  I remembered it from last time and couldn't wait to ride it again.  Daddy towed me all over the field next to our house.


I wanted to pull Daddy!


After the sledding we both snuck up on Mommy and Daddy introduced me to the fun of snowballs!  We got Mommy good.  Then she got us back (especially Daddy).  I got both Mommy AND Daddy!  It was a lot of fun and I got a big smile each time I threw a snowball.  After a while, though, my hands were getting pretty cold through my gloves and we went inside.

Later, we went out to eat.  I was really tired by this time and was starting to fall asleep on the way there.  Mommy and Daddy were able to keep me awake for a while, but after a few bites, I laid my head down on Daddy's lap and fell right asleep  See, I was being nice and letting Mommy and Daddy have a quiet meal together!

When we got back, I took another short little nap on Daddy's shoulder, but then I was wide awake again.  Daddy went outside to try to take care of the layer of ice still on the driveway.  He wanted to show Mommy and I his progress, so Mommy wrapped me in a blanket.  When we got back inside, I didn't want to take it off.  I said it was nice and cozy, and asked Daddy to make me a hood!


What a day!  I bet I'll sleep well tonight.