Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy!

Today is Mommy and Daddy's 5th anniversary.  They "planned" to take the day off from work, take me in to day care, and have a big date to celebrate.  But the weather had different plans!  Yesterday it started with the rain, then the freezing rain, then the sleet, and then the snow.  It snowed almost all day today too.  So needless to say, their offices were closed and we spent the whole day at home.  Mommy and Daddy hope they get a "date" someday, but we had fun today anyway!

We did a lot of playing today.  I got to dance with Daddy, which I really like.  I tell him I "don't want to touch the ground", so he has to hold me up and swing me around a lot!  We perfected this one move where he flips me from standing to upside down to on his shoulder in one motion.  I think it's great fun!  Mommy just looks the other way!


Notice we are in matching wardrobes, as all good dance partners are!

Daddy was in his closet looking for something and saw his trumpet.  I've never seen it before, so I was very excited.  He let me play it a little!  At first I couldn't get any noise to come out, but then I found out if I hummed into it, it sounded almost like Daddy playing!


We sure had a lot of fun even though we couldn't go outside!