Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bye-bye Mommy...

Mommy left today for two whole weeks! She's going to Mesa, AZ for a training course. The nice thing is that she'll be able to see lots of her friends and family while she's there. The bad thing, of course, is that she'll be away from Daddy and me!

On the way to the airport, we stopped by Target. Okay, it's in completely the opposite direction from the airport, but we had plenty of time. Now, I'm not exactly sure what happened there, since I fell asleep in the truck on the way there, and when I woke up Daddy was strapping me back into the car seat before we left! What I don't know yet is that Mommy and Daddy went in (Daddy carrying me), bought a storage shelf for my room, and then had ice cream at the Cold Stone in the store, all without me waking up! I missed some good ice cream!

We headed to the airport and got there with plenty of time to spare.  From our other trips, I know that an airport (especially one like ours that's not so busy) is a great place to play around.  I got to go up and down escalators, stairs, duck under the ropes, see an airplane, and generally run around squealing!

Running around with Mommy is fun.  She and Daddy noticed I sure am faster than last time!



Daddy picked me up so I could see really well!  I did this a couple of times, each time getting scared after a minute or so.  But then I wanted to do it again!



I had a great time "escaping" from Mommy and Daddy under the barriers (this was at a closed security checkpoint).  I was careful to duck super low each time!



But of course, all this fun had to end eventually, and Mommy had to go through security to get on the plane.  We gave each other lots of hugs and kisses.  We'll sure miss you Mommy!