Monday, January 18, 2010

Flying with Daddy!

It's been a long time since I went flying with Daddy.  But since it was a beautiful day and he has the day off work, we decided to fly up to Ponca City to have lunch at the Mexican restaurant on the field there.

I was a great girl and kept my headset on the whole time.  I mostly read books and sang my favorite songs.  Sometimes REALLY loudly over the headset (Daddy had to turn me off a few times so he could talk to ATC).



I saw him looking at a map and told him I wanted to see it.  So he handed me another one he had.  I was his little navigator (with my scrunchy smile)!



I wanted to get a really good look at the map.  Where's Piper?



I ate some of my lunch, and we walked around looking at other airplanes for a while.  Then we took off to come back.  I did fine for the first half, but then got fussy, which usually means I'm getting tired and am about to fall asleep.  Sure enough, I did!  Of course it happened on final approach to our home airport!  I slept the whole time Daddy was putting things away and when I woke up, we were ready to get in the truck and go home.

Our route home takes us right by the local park, and we saw a lot of kids there, as it was about 65 degrees in January, and right after a really cold few weeks.  So we stopped and played for a while!

It was a great day!