Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hollywood Studios and Disney Quest

We went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios today and I got to see a lot of different shows. I got to see stunt cars, a Muppets show in 3-D, a Little Mermaid play, and lots of familiar characters on the streets.

The first thing I did when we got there was stop to use the phone. When Mommy asked who I was calling, I said “Grandma”. Of course!



They have a great play area for us kids, based on the movie “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids”. Everything is big! I quickly noticed the big jar of Play-doh.



And they had a “spider’s nest” I got to crawl through, getting up to about 15 feet in the air! I wasn’t too sure about it, but made it all the way through anyway.



I really liked the car stunt show, especially since it involved a “tiny boat” in my words (a jet-ski). And the best part was at the end, I got to climb down the bleachers! I didn’t want any help at all from Daddy. No, I wanted to climb all the way down all by myself. And I did! Granted we were the last people to leave the show, and the cleaning crew was getting to work, but Daddy was still proud of me.



Sometimes it’s the simple things that are the best, like this fountain outside the Muppet show where Zoe, Mia and I had a great time splashing around!



As we were waiting to go on the “backlot tour” tram ride, it really started raining hard! Lightning and thunder too. Fortunately we were under cover. But then they made an announcement that the tour wouldn’t start again until 20 minutes after the storm passed. Since it looked like it was going to storm off and on for the rest of the day, we decided to head on out, and went back to Disney Quest to play some more games!

We hadn’t seen it before, but they had an air hockey table that was perfectly Piper-sized! I still scored most of my goals against myself, but now I would run back and forth to each side to do it!



I really liked playing this video bowling game too!



This is a fun place!