Saturday, October 24, 2009

Norman "Aviation Festival"

Our local airport in Norman, OK hosts an "Aviation Festival" every year where they have local pilots bring in some display aircraft, they have fun things for kids to do, and even the Fire and Police Departments show up. Daddy and I had a fun time last year, so we decided to go again this year. Now that I'm a lot older I was able to really have a great time!

One of the first things I saw when we got there was Daddy's friend Steve and Steve's yellow plane, so I ran right over and gave Steve a big hug! I really like Steve's plane because 1) it's yellow, and 2) it's Piper-sized. Steve offered to let me sit in it, but surprisingly I didn't want to! Daddy told me that was okay, we could come back if I changed my mind.



There were quite a few neat airplanes on the parking ramp, and I wore myself out running all around.



I had to stretch to touch the wing of this Beech 18 (C-45). But Daddy couldn't get me, it was too low for him!



We took many trips back to see how Steve was doing. He was letting any kids sit in his plane who wanted to. Well, once I saw this, of course I changed my mind and wanted to sit in it too!





Now that I was "warmed up" and in the mood to sit in airplanes, we went over to the big blue helicopter (the News 4 helicopter) and I got to sit in that one too!



The next plane I sat in was a Cessna 150, which is also Piper-sized, so I was excited about this one too. When Daddy helped me sit in the right seat, I immediately slid over into the left seat (the pilot's seat), and started buckling myself in. I was ready to go!

The OU Police Department was there with their drug and bomb sniffing dog, Jackie. She was very friendly because it was her day off, and she was getting lots of attention!



What a day! Daddy and I had a great time. I really wore myself out and fell asleep on the drive home. Daddy was even able to get me out of the car and cuddled up with him on the bed without me waking up. Cozy!