Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fly-in at Goldsby, OK

Goldsby, OK is a little town just down the road with a little local airport. They had a fly-in today, so we all went! Well, Daddy flew down to help his friend Steve set up, while Mommy and I drove down later once they started serving food. Daddy told me he was parking planes! He must have done a good job, because I didn't see any in a ditch!

I did get to meet Steve's nephews, Joseph (Jo-jo) and Jake! Jake is about my age, Jo-jo is a little older. Jake wanted to shake my hand when we met. I had no idea what he wanted (I'm more of a hugger, you know), but Daddy helped me.



We got right to looking at airplanes. I headed right for the bright yellow one! Daddy says it's a kit plane and he could build one. Maybe someday!



Look at how fast I'm running to get to the planes!



Since Steve was there, I got to sit in his airplane again (remember, I did last week too). I like it!



I did let Jo-jo and Jake have a turn. Wait a minute, what's going on in the background? :)



After seeing all these airplanes, Jake and I flew around for a while!



We were there for a couple of hours, and had lunch too! Then Mommy and I left as Daddy stayed for a while longer. Mommy and I headed to downtown Moore, where they were having a bunch of Halloween activities for kids. They had a big, bouncy air slide that I went down a few times. I even got a pumpkin "tattoo" on my cheek! We also went to the library for a while. I love going to the library, they've got lots of neat things to do.

Later that day, we all went out shopping. On the way back, I was pretty worn out. I fell asleep in the car, and didn't wake up even when Daddy got me out and laid me down on the couch. I was tired!



But wait a minute, it's Halloween, there are treats to be had! I was pretty slow to wake up until Daddy mentioned the "t" word, then amazingly I was wide awake.