Friday, February 27, 2009

Playing at the Park with Grandma Bunny and Grandpa Mitch

After leaving Aunt Nicole's and Uncle Stan's, we drove over to Grandma and Grandpa Stoller's home to spend some more time with them before our flight out this afternoon.
Originally we went to Arcadia Park, which is near their home, to discover something truly horrifying: The playground equipment was all missing! The park was under construction and all the equipment had been removed.

As I was all set for park play time, we ended up driving back to the park by Aunt Nicole's home. I felt much better once I realized I was going to get to play, play, play after all.

Here Grandpa Mitch is pushing me on a swing. I love going really high!



After the swings I wanted to try a few things out by myself to show Grammy and Granpa what a big girl I am! Look how well I went down this big slide all on my own!



Grandma Bunny was just on the other side, so I went down a slide where she could watch my wonderful techniques. I could tell she was highly impressed!




It's a funny thing, but grandparents seem to tire out of me climbing up the stairs and sliding down the slides long before do. So once Grandma and Grandpa Stoller went to sit down while I kept up with my activities, I'd still do my best to make them feel included in my activities.

Here I am trudging through the sand. (At home in OK the playgrounds have bark rather than sand.)



I'd then say "hi" and/or give a quick wave to them before running back to the slide.



It was a great day at the park!
As Mommy and I were flying home this afternoon, we needed to go out to eat and go back to the airport. I'd been pretty angelic all week. So I figured out lunch was just as good a time as any to demonstrate to Grandma Bunny and Grandpa Mitch (as well as any other patron who was at IHOP today) why Mommy and Daddy say I'm going to be an only child. Yes, Uncle Scotty, I really was as bad as Grandma Bunny described. The term "spawn" came up quite frequently to describe me, though I'm not just sure what kind of spawn they meant. (It didn't sound good! I'm sorry!)