Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sea World

Today we didn’t go to any Disney park – we went to Sea World! Sea World was offering a military special where we all got in for free. On the way there, we stopped by IHOP for breakfast, and there was a man there making balloon characters! I wanted an Ariel, and he made me one!


One of the first stops at Sea World was one of their big aquariums. I could have stayed here a long time!


We also got to see (and Daddy touched) some manta rays. I didn’t want to touch them, but I sure liked to look.


They even had a pool with little baby manta rays! We couldn’t touch these ones though.


We went to see the Shamu show, and then headed to the Shamu’s Harbor play area for kids. They had a lot of neat stuff there, including a really big rope-climbing/tunnel-crawling area that even had some tire swings. It was really high off the ground. The top net was a couple stories up! And yes, Daddy and Mommy crawled through the tunnels with me!


Daddy was having fun “helping” me get up!


“Come on Mommy!”


We then went on a Shamu roller coaster, and I went on it two times in a row!


They also had a carousel with whales and dolphins and other sea creatures.


They had great underwater viewing of dolphins and manatees!

We also saw a show with sea lions, an otter, and a walrus. It was pretty funny, especially when one of the sea lions got a little ahead of the script! Then there was a show with dogs and cats that I liked too.

It was such a busy day of running around, I fell asleep on the way to dinner at Shoney’s. I stayed asleep all through Daddy getting me out of the car, into the restaurant, laying down on his lap, and even once he moved me over to the seat (so he could get up)! He did wake me up a little later so I could eat, but I was tired!