Monday, September 13, 2010

Animal Kingdom

When asked if today I wanted to go to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, I immediately answered “Animal Kingdom”! I’ve been learning a lot about wild animals recently and was excited to go.

Here we are at the entrance!


One of the first things we did was go to the “Lion King” show. Our section of the audience got to be the giraffe section! I enjoyed pretending my arm was a long giraffe neck and making a giraffe sound. “Baaaa!” This is a really fun show and is Mommy’s favorite.


Later we went on a safari ride and a real giraffe was following us! He must have heard about my earlier performance.


Look how big a 6-year old Gorilla’s hands are!


At the petting zoo, Mommy and I got to brush a calf.


We went to the “It’s Tough to be a Bug” 3-D show, and like yesterday, I really liked wearing the glasses. I enjoyed this show so much, I didn’t want to leave. Mommy asked if we could stay in the theater for the next one (it’s a short show), and we did!


I get excited about lots of things. When I saw this big dinosaur, I just had to touch its toe. Daddy had to help me, of course.


As we were waiting for a dinosaur ride I was on Daddy’s shoulders. Without telling anyone I flopped backwards! I like scaring Mommy like this, but it doesn’t bother Daddy. We have our own tricky method of getting me back up, no problem!


As we were leaving we had a picture taken of us in front of the “tree of life”.


I was pretty tired after we left. I stayed awake until we were eating dinner. I ate some of mine, then put my head down behind Daddy’s back. He thought I was just hiding there, but soon realized I was fast asleep! Mommy and Daddy have no idea how I fell asleep in this position. I must have been really tired!


I liked the Animal Kingdom! I got to see a real owl, a lot of hippos, giraffes, gorillas, fish, and lots of other wild animals. It was great!