Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We had to leave Mommy today

We had a great long weekend, but it was time for Daddy and me to head back to Oklahoma.  I did tell Mommy a few times that we were going to take her with us.  She wished we could, too!

As Daddy was getting the airplane ready, I hopped up in the pilot's seat.  I found this "microphone" that I had been playing with on the way up, and gave Mommy my best vocal performance.



I also was carrying around some chocolates from dinner the night before, and decided now was the time to eat them.  I got in my seat and opened them up.  Since they'd been in my hand for a while, they were a bit melty.  Didn't stop me at all!


It was a very long flight back.  We had to head around some weather in the Kansas City area, and passed by our planned lunch stop to get away from developing storms.  Plus we had strong headwinds in southern Kansas and Oklahoma.  I did watch some movies and got some sleep, but it was still a very long trip.  As we were coming in to land at our airport, I was complaining that my tummy hurt, my ears hurt, I wanted to get down, and I was tired.  But when Daddy parked the plane, I just wanted to jump up front and pretend to fly!

We were very glad we got to go up and see Mommy.  But I don't think Daddy will be up to another flight of this length with me for a while!