Saturday, June 12, 2010

We headed to Kansas today

Today I had a good time helping Mommy a little in the kitchen, riding my new bike, and I got to watch my new Dora movie too!  I really liked it.  In fact, I am quickly learning some Spanish.  My favorite phrase so far has to be "Lo hicimos - we did it!"  I repeated this over and over.

But the bad news was that Daddy checked the weather for tomorrow, and we weren't going to be able to fly up to drop Mommy off in Kansas where her car is.  Since Mommy was going to have a long drive ahead of her to Wisconsin, they decided we'd drive up there tonight, about a 5 hour drive.  So at around 5:30 we left.  Mommy sat in the back of the car with me for a while and read all of my new Dora books.  Then I asked her to read them again! 

The only thing I seem to know about Kansas is that they have cookies there, because at one airport Daddy and I stopped at in Kansas, they had cookies.  So now when I heard we were going to Kansas, the first thing I asked was "Can I have a cookie?"  But we couldn't find one at any of the places we stopped on the way.

It got pretty late, and dark, and I fell asleep for a while.  When I woke up I was completely disoriented, it was dark, and I was really fussy!  We stopped once more and guess what, they had cookies, so I calmed down really quick at that point.

We stayed in a hotel near the airport, and I got a big bed all to myself.  I was tired and fell asleep really quickly!