Sunday, June 13, 2010

Drive back from Kansas

We took Mommy to pick up her car at the airport this morning, and that meant we had to say goodbye.  I didn't want her to go and was very sad.  But we still had a little fun before she left.


On the way back, Daddy and I stopped in Wichita at the Wichita Aviation Museum.  They had a few neat exhibits, like these propellers that Daddy said I could touch.


But when I saw this mini cockpit setup on the ground (probably the display was being repaired), I knew it was made just for me!  I sat right down and started flying and adjusting all the instruments.  I could have stayed here all day, and Daddy actually had to drag me away after a little while.  They have some planes outside, you know!


Like this one.  It's big!


I was a really good girl on the drive back, but with a little over a hour to go, I was getting pretty restless.  So Daddy got out the portable DVD player and put in my new Dora movie.  I was hooked instantly!  I was getting pretty animated following the story, waving my hands and clapping at the right times, and yelling out phrases like "Swiper no swiping!" and "Lo hicimos - we did it!" at the right times.  I was really getting into it!

We already miss Mommy!