Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

I woke Mommy and Daddy up nice and early today. I am 3! We got to play around a little on the big bed, and I even went flying. My favorite part is the crash landings that Daddy does!


In one of the presents Mr. Bob and Ms. Mary gave me yesterday was a bag of M&Ms.  This morning, I wanted them for breakfast.  Of course Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me, but said after lunch I could have them.  After breakfast I asked again and got the same answer.  I made no further mention of them, but then right after I finished my last bite of lunch, I got down from the table, ran into the other room, and came back with my M&Ms.  I didn't forget!


Grandma and Papa and Shadow were going to come visit today, so we decided to go to the bouncy-bounce place (the Jump Zone) and they could meet us there.  I had seen this horse before, but today I saw another girl on it, and it was MOVING!  My eyes got really big as I looked at Mommy and said, "it moves?"  So Mommy let me go for a ride.  My horse's name is Bullseye, of course!


I ran up and down the basketball court with a ball.  I fell down a few times, but it was fun!


I went down this slide a lot.  I always wanted Mommy or Daddy to catch me at the bottom, though.  The first time I shot off the end and landed on my bottom!


Grandma and Papa arrived and I got to show them all about this place.  I was there for about an hour and a half, by which time I was completely exhausted and wanted to go home.  When we got home, Mommy and I made brownies!  After the brownies, we went to eat dinner.  I wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse, because I wanted to eat the rolls.  So off we went, and I fell asleep on the way!  At dinner, I really dug into the rolls.  I didn't want anything else, and ate 5 of them.  They're really good! 

We came home and it was time to decorate the brownies.  Remember, I've been saying I want "blue" icing all week.  So that's what we did, made up some blue icing with some food coloring.  It was just what I wanted, and I helped spread it all over the pan of brownies.  Doesn't that look delicious!


We didn't eat the brownies right away, since we had just eaten dinner, so we decided it was time to open presents.  I was very excited this time, now that I know all about presents.  Mommy got me this great picture book all about puppies!


And Daddy got me two books in the same series, about airplanes and helicopters!


Grandma and Papa got me this neat, neon, "glo-doodle".  I drew some pretty pictures.


They also got me a set of Dora books.  Papa helped me open them up.  I wanted to read them all right away!


I got a Dora movie too!  I was very excited about this one.


The last thing on the table was this great Dora helmet.  I thought it would be great for riding my tricycle, so I hopped on and rode around the house.  What a great birthday!


Wait a minute, Daddy and Mommy said there's something else, but I had to close my eyes super tight while Daddy went to get it.  I tried my best!


I heard Daddy walk in, and I may have peeked a little bit.  Mommy asked, "what is that, Piper?"  Silly Mommy, that's an easy question, "a bike".  A second passed, my eyes got big and wide as I realized it was for me, and I ran over to it and tried to climb on board!  That's right, they said I could have a bike when I was a little older, and now that I'm 3, I'm a little older!


But I couldn't hop on, because it had no pedals!  I found them in the basket, where Daddy had put them so I could help put them on.  I like helping Daddy with tools!


We took it outside right away for a ride.  I'm a happy girl!


I rode around for a while, but then someone reminded me we still had brownies inside.  They were pretty tasty!


After brownies, it was time for Grandma and Papa and Shadow to leave, but that meant I got to go outside again and ride my bike some more.  I waved goodbye, and then rode up and down the sidewalk between our neighbors driveways, back and forth, back and forth.  Our neighbors came out to see me.  I had quite an audience, and was getting really good at riding!

What a great birthday!  Now that I have my own bike, what great adventures lie ahead?