Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mommy's home! Mommy's home!

Mommy was supposed to get in last night, but due to scheduling problems, she didn't get in until this afternoon.  Daddy picked her up and brought her to meet me at school at about 3:30.  We were outside playing at the time, but when I saw her, I immediately ran over, dropping my bucket in the process, and gave her a really big hug!


I'm so glad Mommy's home, even if just for a few days.  I of course quickly reminded her that it was my birthday tomorrow, and I wanted cake with blue on it, and icing!

We were hungry so we went out to eat, Mexican food, which they don't have a lot of in Wisconsin.  And then we headed to the park so I could show Mommy what a big girl I am now!  I went down the super big slide.


And walked across these, holding on to Daddy for a little support.


Next came the big challenge, but I'm getting really good at it and can do it all by myself!  Mommy was pretty amazed.


I told Daddy I didn't think he could fit in here, so he proved that he could.  I'm making a funny face at Mommy.


"Here, Daddy, I'll catch you!"


After leaving the park, we did a little shopping, and I got some new sunglasses.  Dora style!  We also coincidentally ended up at a Cold Stone, where I immediately pointed out I wanted the green (mint) ice cream with M&Ms in it.  I ate it all up super quick!  I may be like my Daddy in a lot of ways, but when it comes to ice cream, I'm definitely my Mommy's girl.

Our neighbors Mr. Bob and Miss Mary were out when we got home, and they had an early birthday present for me!  It was a bag with some treats, and a little M&M whiteboard to write on.


I liked writing on the board.  Mommy wrote the "P", but then I wrote the "I".  And lots more "I"s!


It is really great to have Mommy home.  Tomorrow's my birthday!