Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ada, Oklahoma air show

Daddy found out that the airport in Ada, OK was hosting an airshow this weekend, so he asked if I wanted to go.  I made sure to tell him that I didn't want any loud airplanes like the F-16 last week.  He said there wasn't going to be any loud airplanes like that, so I said yes, let's go!

The drive there was really quick, or at least it seemed that way since I was asleep for most of it.  They had lots of airplanes and helicopters on display, and planes doing aerobatics and formation flight constantly. 

Of course I ran right over to the News Channel 4 helicopter and had to jump inside (I'm such my Daddy's girl). 


We went on the FAA's DC-3, saw a Russian helicopter, and watched the airshow acts, including parachutists, which I thought was really neat and told Daddy all about what they were doing.  Daddy didn't get many pictures of me, though, since he was holding me most of the time so I could see!

One aerobatic pilot Daddy told me was a girl!  When I found that out, I started asking him if we could go say hello to her.  Daddy reminded me that she needed to land first!  But I kept asking and we finally were able to meet her.  She gave me a personalized authographed picture!  Her name was Kelly Pietrowicz and lives just up the road from us in Midwest City.  She told us that she does offer aerobatic rides - Daddy said no thanks for him, but I kept telling him the rest of the day that when I get a little bit older, maybe I can fly with Kelly - upside down!  Oh no!

It was pretty hot, so we only stayed a couple of hours, but had a lot of fun while we were there.  I kept talking about Kelly on the way back, too.  She's got a new fan!