Monday, May 31, 2010

More water park play, Deer Park, a canoe and the beach!

We had to check out of the hotel this morning, but before we did, we got in a quick hour of play at the water park.  I went down the slide a lot more and had a great time.  But too soon, it was time to go.

After checking out, we went to the the "Deer Park".  This is a petting zoo but with a large open area where most of the deer can roam around freely.  Of course they sell deer food too, so Mommy and I knew we were going to have a great time.

There was a small goat area at first when you walk in (they also had rabbits and horses and some other animals), so I got to learn how to feed the goats first.  They were very friendly!


Mommy helped me and I quickly got the hang of it.  From then on, she couldn't hand me food for the animals fast enough!


The deer were also very tame and very friendly.


This one saw me head over to the deer feed box (even though I was just pretending to use it) and didn't want to wait!


Once the deer saw you handing out food, they were instantly your best friends.


After we ran out of deer food, we made our way back to the exit.  On the way they had some giant statues.  Daddy and I said "ROAR" next to the bear!


We left the deer park and went to lunch, where I fell asleep on Daddy's lap.  I was tired!  We then headed back to Fort McCoy to check out the camping area, where they have a lake and some boats to rent too.  We got a canoe, which meant that Daddy got to row us all around.  But not without my help!


Mommy surprised us with a treat, so Daddy rowed us over to a nice shady spot where we had some M&Ms.  I like M&Ms!


After a while I announced that I had enough of the boat, and wanted to go to the beach, so we rowed on back there.  Just like in Mississippi, I started off by grabbing handfuls on sand and throwing them down again!


I was pretty brave, and ventured out pretty deep into the water.  I wasn't wearing a swimsuit, so my clothes got pretty wet.  But at least I'm holding my shorts up!


"Two more minutes, Daddy!"


We left the beach and went back to the room.  It was getting late and we had to pack to leave tomorrow.  This trip I've learned how to operate my window in the car.  They had to put my car seat on one side of the back instead of in the center, so unlike at home, I can reach the window button.  I had fun putting it up and down and up and down!