Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

Today of course is Father's Day, and I helped Daddy celebrate it nice and early by waking him up at 5:30.  I just wanted to cuddle a little bit!  This wasn't that bad, though, since Daddy expected I'd wake him up early (I haven't been sleeping very well since Mommy left last week) and planned for us to fly to Cedar Mills, TX for breakfast.  We met up with a couple of other dads and their sons and had a good meal.  Daddy ordered the "short stack" of pancakes for me.  It was only two pancakes, but they were each almost a foot across!  I did my best but could only eat about half of it.  That's still pretty good!


They have a marina, boats, and even a petting zoo at Cedar Mills, so we stopped by and gave the animals some love.  This guy was especially friendly!


Since I love to be Piper the Explorer, we did a little exploring among the trees that lined the grass runway there.  I called it the "jungle" and told Daddy he needed to be quiet because I was looking out for Swiper the Fox (from the Dora the Explorer series).  I thought I saw him in the jungle, so I said loudly, "Swiper no swiping!"  It was a fun time, but it was really hot!

Once we got home, we tried to stay in the cool air conditioned house as much as possible.  We had a little snack, and then I went over to play on the couch.  A few minutes later Daddy realized it was pretty quiet over my way.  Sure enough, I fell asleep "hiding" on the couch!  He thought this was great and went and took a nap too.  About 30 minutes later I fussed a little, so he came and got me and brought me back in bed with him.  I fell right back asleep cuddled up to him, and slept for about another hour and a half!  He thought this was the best Father's Day present ever, since I don't really nap on his shoulder much anymore.  He thought it was so nice that he let me sleep a little longer than I should have, and it was about 5:00 when he decided I needed to wake up.  Usually I fuss when I'm woken up, but this time he asked me if I wanted to go play in the sprinkler.  Yes!  I woke up right away!

We went outside and I quickly got rid of my clothes down to my underwear, and ran through the water, squealing.  What fun!


After a few minutes, though, I decided that I had way too many clothes on still, and quickly took my underwear off too!  Naked 3 year old!  I told Daddy "Daddy, you need to take your shirt and pants off too!"  Needless to say, he didn't think that was such a great idea, but I sure had fun anyway.

Too soon, I had to dry off.  I tried to make a duck face in my duck towel!


After this he let me ride my bicycle around a little while he mowed the lawn.  He was, of course, trying to tire me out after my long, late nap so I'd be able to fall asleep tonight.  (Nice try, but he was wrong!)

So it was a great day - flying, pancakes, Piper the Explorer, long nap with Daddy, playing in the sprinklers, and riding my bike.  Wow!