Friday, December 25, 2009

It's Christmas!!!

Well, I sure didn't sleep in this morning!  At 6:30 AM I called out to Mommy and Daddy and they came and got me.  Merry Christmas!  We didn't get to the presents quite right away, we played a little in bed first like we always do on weekend mornings.  I like to hide under the covers, usually with Daddy, but sometimes with both Mommy and Daddy, which of course makes us wonder who we're hiding from.  No matter, it's fun anyway!  So we played for a while this morning and then went out to see what presents I had. 

Last year, I opened about 3 presents and then didn't want anything more to do with opening anything, and cried when asked if I wanted to open any more.  This year sure was different!  I got right to town opening my gifts, although I did want to play with each one before opening the next.  So it took all day to finally get to them all.  We took our time and had a great day.

Here I just discovered all the presents under the tree!  I'm very excited.



I put on my favorite hat and got right to business.  I got the game Candy Land, for which I quickly made up my own rules.  Daddy showed me where to put my piece to start the game.  He then told me that the goal is to get my piece to the end.  Hey, that's easy!  I picked up my piece and moved it to the finish.  I like simple games like this!  So I started playing with the gingerbread "men" pieces by themselves.  I decided that the blue one is a boy and the other three are girls.  We had great fun.  They got to ride around in my tricycle, eat with me at the table, all kinds of stuff.  Like I said, I like this game!



I got a lot of books for Christmas.  That's okay, because I like to read!  After I'd open each one, I'd ask Mommy or Daddy (whoever was closer) to read it to me right then.



I got this jacket from my Aunt Jennifer.  I wanted to put it on right away, and I wore it around most of the rest of the day!



Mommy got me these "Lace and Trace" puzzles with train cars on them.  I like trains, and I liked playing with these "sewing" cards.  Notice the jacket I'm wearing.



Then I got to open up Santa's gift.  It was a big trunk filled with all kinds of Disney "Princess" dress-up clothes - dresses and purses and wands and lots of other stuff.  I LOVE to dress up and look like a princess, so this was a great gift.  Thanks Santa!  (Note the jacket.)



Don't I look like a princess?



I had a great day and I got a lot of nice gifts.  Mommy and Daddy got some gifts too, but they all were pretty boring compared to mine.  Thanks everybody!