Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas with Grandma and Papa Roslewski (and Shadow!)

Well, sure enough this morning I woke up and it was as if I hadn't been sick at all!  Which is a good thing, because finally the snow and ice from the storm had thawed enough, and the roads were clear so Grandma and Papa and Shadow could come down for a visit.  They just came down for the day, and boy was I happy to see them!  It had nothing to do with them bearing lots of gifts, of course!

Now all that practice I got on Christmas Day was going to go to good use.  Look, I got my own "princess" CD player!  Okay, it's not really a CD player, but does include little plastic discs that LOOK like miniature CDs.  Naturally, it didn't take too long before I did the inevitable and tried to put the little plastic "CDs" into our big CD player.  Oops!  Good thing Daddy and Mommy caught me before I got there!




I also got a toy baby doll, a "Minnie Mouse" jacket, and this nice long dress!



It wasn't all about me, of course, I also got to give Papa and Grandma presents.  Here I am with Papa while he opens my card for him.



I gave Grandma this handprint/picture frame.  She really liked it.



I had to include this picture too.  Grandma made up this wonderful 2010 calendar filled with pictures of me, Mommy, Daddy, and some of Papa and Grandma.  It was really incredible and obviously took a lot of work to pick out all the photos.  It was a really great gift.  Thank you Grandma!  You can see that Mommy is getting a little teary-eyed.  Too bad Daddy's face is covered, we'll never know if he is too!



Right before they left, I got to show Grandma and Papa how well I play the piano!  This is my second-favorite song "You've Got A Friend In Me" from Toy Story.  My favorite is "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid.



It was a really great day.  Thanks Grandma and Papa!