Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve and lots of snow!

Wow is it snowing today!  Mommy and Daddy both went in to work, but Mommy came and picked me up really early - she got released due to the inclement weather.  The roads were already getting slick and icy but we made it home safely.  Daddy was able to come home a couple hours later - it took him almost an hour for a normal 25-minute drive.  And he got in before the storm really got bad!  With really gusty winds up to 60 mph it was not a nice time to be outside.  So we stayed inside and played a lot.  This picture is at about 5 PM and the storm is still going strong!



Tonight, of course, is Christmas Eve.  So we were getting ready and "preparing" for Santa's arrival.  I'm very excited about it.  I even got a phone call from Santa in the afternoon!  I sure hope he thinks I've been a good girl.  I've been trying!  I even put a cookie out for him.  But I was very torn - here I was holding a cookie that I couldn't eat!  It was very tough to leave it on the plate, and I did, but only after asking Daddy if I could have "just a tiny nibble?"  I didn't, though.



And then it was bed time.  I went to bed with no problems!