Friday, December 25, 2009

Fun in the snow

Today not only was it Christmas, but it was a white Christmas too!  Neighbors tell us it's been around 20 years since the last one, so we definitely had to get out and play.  In between unwrapping presents and eating meals, we got some time to do just that. (And Daddy got to do a lot of shoveling too.)  In fact, with 14.1" of snow recorded, it set the city's record for the most snowfall in one storm EVER!  (Lucky Daddy.)

This is our backyard!



And Daddy and I in our driveway.



Okay, now I'm all bundled up ready for fun!



Hey, I'm stuck!  This isn't so much fun!



Daddy even went up into the attic and got down a sled.  This is actually the same sled that he used to ride on with Grandma and Papa Roslewski when he was my age!  Grandma and Papa had kept it and gave it to us last year.



Mommy got in the fun too, and made some snow angels.  I didn't want to make any, though.



I liked riding around on the sled, but didn't like playing in the snow too much.  It kept getting up the back of my jacket and after a while, I told Daddy "I want to go home."  So that was it, back to presents!