Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Today is Mommy's birthday!  Last night Mommy wasn't feeling very well, so she suggested Daddy and I go out for dinner.  So we did, but then afterwards we went shopping - I needed to get something for Mommy (and Daddy's had trouble finding an excuse to take me out, so Mommy's timing was perfect).  I got her a present, and picked out a Happy Birthday balloon.  We figured it would help Mommy feel better.  We hid everything until this morning.

Well, this morning after getting me up Daddy tried to get me to run in and yell "Happy Birthday Mommy" but I wouldn't play along.  Instead, I yelled "I got a boon!" which Mommy took to mean "spoon" but really meant "balloon".  At this point Daddy just got the balloon and I carried it out to Mommy like I wanted to anyway!

After we got home from work and school, we decided there was no reason to wait to celebrate after dinner, so we did it right away!  Mommy had actually bought one of her favorite big chocolate cakes for work today and still had a lot left over, so we used that as her birthday cake.  Daddy put a candle in it and I got to help Mommy blow it out!




Then Mommy got to open my present.  I picked it out all by myself, a little snowman ornament!  You can also see the balloon in the background. 



Daddy got Mommy a Ipod Nano.  She's wanted one for a while but never quite got around to buying one for herself.  Of course I wanted to play with this too, but they wouldn't let me!


Mommy said she had a great day.  Happy Birthday Mommy!