Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First trip to the dentist :(

Today Mommy took me to my first dental appointment. Daddy said it was going to be fun. He lied! Okay, it went alright at first. The people were nice and it was very kid-friendly. Once they took me into the exam room, I was fascinated by the way the chair tilted up and down and raised and lowered. Mommy says I'm just Daddy's little engineer! They laid me down on the chair and at first things weren't too bad. They even had a TV in the ceiling!



But then it started going downhill as soon as the dental hygeinist started cleaning my teeth. Now, Daddy usually brushes my teeth at home, and I've only just started not fussing too much with him. But this was a stranger so I fussed a little more.



After the brushing came the flossing - this I did not like at all, and after the second tooth, quickly bit down and wouldn't let them floss anymore. That was enough for me! Mommy and Daddy are going to try it later. Good luck!

Then the dentist came in and took a look at my teeth. I didn't like this very much either, and kept biting down on the mirror. But he did say my teeth looked pretty good! I have the 4 canines coming in now. They've been "coming in" for over a month now, but the dentist said sometimes they do take a few months, so I'm right on schedule. I will get 4 more molars, but then that's it for baby teeth!



We're just about done! Look at how happy I am! But I guess it's good I got it done with.