Monday, December 8, 2008

Kicked the habit!

It's true, I had an addiction - to bottles that is! When I was about a year old Mommy and Daddy gradually started reducing the number I got during the day, until I was down to just one a day, in the morning. This one was REALLY hard for me to give up, though. They tried several times but I refused to eat anything else for breakfast until I had that bottle. But then a couple Sundays ago, Daddy got me up after a nice full night's sleep and brought me out into the kitchen. I saw a banana, said "nana" and so Daddy thought maybe I would eat it without my bottle first. He was right! But that didn't work the next day, Monday morning. I think it's because during the week I don't wake up myself, they have to wake me up, so I'm a little cranky and tired.

Fortunately, that was the week of Thanksgiving, so there were 4 days in a row where I'd get to sleep until I woke up naturally. What's more, we were at Grandma and Grandpa Roslewski's for the first 2 days, so once I got up I was plenty distracted by them. So the whole 4 days I didn't want or need my bottle! But the following Monday was the big test - would I go back to insisting on it once they had to wake me up in the morning again?

Nope!!! It's now been a whole week of workdays and I haven't needed a bottle once. I finally broke the habit!